Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 4: Assignment 1
I posted the following recommendation for Todd Krueger in the comment field on Goodreads:

Hi Todd!
If you liked the psychological complexity, character development and compact narration of Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending, I think you might like reading Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tim Franklin. Set in rural Mississippi, this atmospheric page turner focuses on the relationship
between Larry Ott and Silas Jones: two childhood friends who are ripped apart by a tragic incident involving a missing girl and then forced to confront the mysteries of the past when another girl dissappears twenty years later.(less)

I have been a member of Goodreads for a long time, but never really used it to track my reading or to interact with other readers. Be More Bookish has become an opportunity to discover this user friendly and enjoyable resource. Exploring Goodreads has been easy and fun.. I found the recommendations based on my interests right on the mark and liked sharing comments with my colleagues. I now have a place to go for help in deciding what to read next and Iam sure it will help me to perform reader's advisory to customers.


No comments:

Post a Comment